About the club
Pannal Golf Club lies to the south of Harrogate amidst glorious countryside. The course was designed by Sandy Herd, the 1902 Open Champion, in 1906. In 1935 it underwent further reconstruction by Major Charles Mackenzie, the renowned golf course architect. The course which resulted has stood the test of time, challenging players of the highest ability to this day.
Superb views further enhance the course which is laid out on a stretch of gorse-covered, tree-lined land. To the west in Wharfedale, the landmark Almscliffe Crag, to the north the Crimple Valley and viaduct made famous in Turner