About the club
Situated between the seaside towns of Cromer and Overstrand on the north east corner of Norfolkand jutting out into the North Sea, Royal Cromer Golf Club stands some 320 feet above Cromer's beautiful sandy beaches and is backed by a varied and pleasant hinterland of rolling wooded and bracken covered hills. The area was popularised by London Journalist Clement Scott who named the district Poppyland from the abundance of that attractive flower that grows here.
The course has been constructed out of hummocky, sandy hills covered with gorse and bracken and seamed with grassey valleys. It is a tidy caringley kept Golf Course and a model of what good greenkeeping ought to be.
The club was granted it's Royal patronage by HRH Edward Prince of Wales on Christmas Day 1887, the formal opening taking place on 2nd January 1888.
Royal Cromer Golf Club is renowned for it's friendly atmosphere and we hope that all visitors will heed our sincere invitation to make themselves at home.
Please visit the clubs own website by clicking on the link above for more information