About the club
This tree lined course is situated in the heart of Lanarkshire, overlooking Strathclyde Park. The course was opened in 1905 and the first competition took place the same year.
When the course was opened there were 50 members and there are now over 700. Since opening, the course has been extended and altered numerous times to make it more challenging.
The golf club is situated 15 miles east of Glasgow in the Clyde Valley. It is easily accessed via either exit 5 ( A725) of the M74 north - south trunk road , or the A725 exit of the A8 east west trunk road. Situated between the town of Bellshill and Strathclyde Country Park , it's outlook is rural and overlooks Strathclyde Country Park.