About the club
Burghley Park (Stamford) Golf Club was formed in 1890, and around the turn of the twentieth century was moved to its present position in the High Park.
The course is closed each year for 8 days for the Burghley Horse Trials, an event started in the 1960's.
The turf of this park is excellent for golf, draining well into the underlying limestone. Many regard the short 3rd hole with its trees, bunkers and pond as the signature hole, but the 18th, a narrow dog leg par 5 with the green sloping severely away from the approach shot played under critical scrutiny from the clubhouse windows and patio, can spoil a good card.
With 10 Open events held at this Club the reputation of Burghley Park is spread by word of mouth, and being situated right beside the A1 is a convienient meeting place for the travelling golfer who is assured of a friendly welcome!