About the club
Located close to the market town of Diss on the Suffolk, Norfolk border, Golf has been played over the common since the beginning of the 19th century; however a golf club was not properly established until 1903 according to the records held by the R & A at St Andrews. The course was used for training troops during World War 1 and cattle continued to be grazed on the course until recently.
The course was extended to 18 holes in 1991.
It continues to mature with minimal alterations being carried out to improve the overall quality.
The river Waveney comes into play on the 6th hole. The course is best described as part parkland part links feel, offering a fair challenge to golfers of all levels. Well bunkered but with easy walking, this course will become a favourite to any golfer visiting East Anglia.
Back in the clubhouse you can enjoy a well-earned drink, good food is always available.
There is a well stocked Pro Shop where golf lessons can be booked with the PGA Professional, plus there are good practice facilities.
Light snacks to four course meals are available daily except for Mondays and Sunday pm.
A warm welcome awaits all who visit Diss Golf Club!
Please visit the clubs own website by clicking on the link above for more information