About the club
Founded in 1935 on agricultural land of sandy sub-soil nature by leasing 70 acres from the Ashby Decoy farming estate to provide 9 holes for 27 founder members. By 1947 the whole estate of 150 acres had been purchased and 18 holes established.
The estate house and outbuildings housed the golfing facilities. Part of the estate - 4 acres - comprised established woodland and a duck decoy with four pipes - dating back to late 1890's. The Decoy was re-established in 1996 and now provides the irrigation water for the fairways and greens together with natural wild and pond life. The original estate house was raised to the ground in 1970 and the present clubhouse and amenities provided.
A warm welcome awaits those who visit Ashby Decoy Golf Club!
Please visit the clubs own website by clicking on the link above for more information