About the club
Minchins Farm, Flackwell Heath, was purchased in 1902 by three High Wycombe businessmen, James Peace (gentleman's outfitter), Arthur Clarke (solicitor) and Thomas Thurlow (architect).
By 1904 a nine-hole course had been developed to the design of James Sherlock the professional of the Oxford University Club. On the 25th October of that year the Wycombe and Bourne End Golf Club was inaugurated.
The task of planning the second nine holes was given to the Club's first Professional, John Turner, and these came into play in the spring of 1907. Alterations have been made over the years, some on the advice of Harry Colt in the 1920's and in 1964 two new holes were designed by the course architect F. W. Hawtree - the present 15th and 16th. There are now ongoing improvements taking place, as recommended by professional golfer and television commentator, Ken Brown.